Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher
Lonely Planet's Pocket New Orleans is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. March with a brass band through the French Quarter, eat everything from jambalaya to beignets, and take a walking tour past the Garden District's plantation-style mansions — all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of New Orleans and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet's Pocket New Orleans:
- Full-color maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips — hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets — eating, sleeping, sightseeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Free, convenient pull-out Boston map (included in print version), plus over 16 color neighborhood maps
- User-friendly layout with helpful icons, and organized by neighborhood to help you pick the best spots to spend your time
- Covers French Quarter, Faubourg, Marigny and the Bywater, CBD and the Warehouse District, Garden and Lower Garden Districts, Uptown and Riverbend, Mid-City and the Treme, and more
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet's Pocket New Orleans is our colorful, easy to use, handy guide that literally fits in your pocket, providing on-the-go assistance for those seeking the best sights and experiences on a short visit or weekend break.
Looking for more extensive coverage? Check out Lonely Planet's USA guide for an in-depth look at all the country has to offer.
About Lonely Planet: Lonely Planet is a leading travel media company and the world's number one travel guidebook brand, providing both inspiring and trustworthy information for every kind of traveler since 1973. Over the past four decades, we've printed over 145 million guidebooks and grown a dedicated, passionate global community of travelers. You'll also find our content online, and in mobile apps, video, 14 languages, nine international magazines, armchair and lifestyle books, ebooks, and more.
'Lonely Planet guides are, quite simply, like no other.' — New York Times
'Lonely Planet. It's on everyone's bookshelves, it's in every traveller's hands. It's on mobile phones. It's on the Internet. It's everywhere, and it's telling entire generations of people how to travel the world.' — Fairfax Media (Australia)